Saturday, May 20, 2006

PLEASE!!! GRAMPA...

Overnight sleep ok! The rascals were up and running around by 6:15 AM.

Made a batch of banana pancakes and a second batch of strawberry pancakes which were totally consumed by 6:59 AM.

Oh shit, it's gonna be a long day!!

Couple hours of toys and videos and TV got us to lunch with some plain jelly on toast and a peanut butter jelly on toast and the boy ate a banana..!??...

Ok kiddies time to rock. We loaded up the green machine and headed over to the Hometown First Aid Rescue demonstrations at the Emergency Squads' location. Since we were going to the First Aid people's house, I might as well drop off my donation and save the postage. The Squad members who looked at the check gave the Boy a stuffed teddy bear that they were hocking to raise funds. COOL!!! uhhh WAIT, I gots two other grandkiddies.... ehhhhhh..the Boss shows up with the two girls in tow and we head over to where the bears were... " AND SIGN SAYS YOU GOT TO HAVE MEMBERSHIP CARD TO GET INSIDE" or something like that .. or actually " all donations over $20.00 will receive a stuffed bear..." so me digs in the pocket and yank out 40 fazoolas to make the girls smile.

Hmmm.. if I brought my check book, I could have written a check and claimed the donation on my taxes... damn... I'll do it anyway!! F IRS!!

So we does the First Aid scene with County Emergency Vehicles and Super big Rescue Trucks from North Brunswick and a load of other ambulances and the Police DARE-mobile all shiny'ed up for public viewing. NOT BAD so far.. they even had some dude selling hot dogs off a pushcart and the kids each inhaled one plain dog. COOL.

They were giving away door prizes and the Boss won a 2 lb cookie tray from a local bakery which was next door to a RITA'S ice store.

NEXT STOP... RITA'S!! Oh yeah.. the Boss had three free gimme tickets for some italian ice so this didn't cost anything and me and the Boss finished what the kids didn't. PLUS I got the cookies from the bakery!! FREE!!!!!

ALL ABOARD... WALMART here we come.

We pushed the basket around the Wal and ending up around 120 in the hole. We got stuffs.

Loaded up the green machine with the stuffs and headed home.

Unloaded the van and put the Met game on!!! Hey 9th inning Mets 4, Yankees 1, Billy Wagner pitching... COOL I thought. I saw the walk, the hit batsman and the blown double play attempt. SCORE TIED!!

JUST THEN... one of the grandkids says, "GRAMPA, all the other kids have somebody to play with cause they're blowing bubbles with Gramma. Will you please play with me?"

END OF THE MET GAME!!

Had a great time playing catch, soccer, chase the ball and Monkey in the middle, bubbles and whatever with the kiddies.

I finally find out after supper that the Mets lost and I also lost my 2006 NASCAR pin to celebrate NASCAR Day, but I still have the backing clasp for the LOST lapel pin.

Kids are just about finished with showers and baths and I think the Boss will retire the younguns early. Not that they are tired... WE NEED THE REST!! oh yeah, maybe their gums hurt so I can rub some Jezynowka to relieve the pain( or knock 'em out!!)

All this fun and I didn't have to drive 600 miles one way!! What a NASCAR day!!

More tomorrow when we go to church and then some!!!

OINK
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?