Monday, October 11, 2004

Paid Not to Work

What a country!!! I'm sitting home today and all the tax payers in Middlesex County are supplying me with money to stay home today !!

I love it!!! OH!!! Today the county is celebrating Columbus Day !! National Holiday!!

oops!! I get off today because it's a

PAID HOLIDAY !!!!

I feel so silly !!! tee-hee-hee !!

Okay.. I tried to do a blog from work on Friday ( speaking of getting paid and not working!!!) but I screwed something up and before I could publish I lost my screen??? I dunno well anyway... I didn't blog on Friday!!!

So here I am sitting in Casa de Porq and cussing up a storm because I didn't set up Windows XP properly last week.
Friday night I'm going over my race picks ,
then my FOOSBALL picks,
then the machine starts acting up.. ??

DUH WTF !!!!

I mean it was really going crazy...
black screen, re-boot up, black screen... re-boot up,
like over and over again.. uhhhh...

I was scared. I shut the sucker off and figures...

"SOMETHING IS WRONG!!"

Maybe I should try to fix it !!! ?? ?? !!! Oh well.. what the hell!!

I grabs me XP disc and puts it the CD drive..

OK here goes... I turn the bad boy back on and the disc takes over and asks if I want to install XP. Yeah GO FOR IT!!!!

Since the machine was running STUPID?? duh.. I couldn't do anything .. like back up some recent files... I let 'er rip!!!

Ok.. XP got on my machine.. now I gotsta do other stuffs to get running... so by Friday night... midnight' ish I got the machine to fire up, use Office,
find some saved files on D drive( slave hard drive I found.... heh-heh-heh)
and tried to read some mail... WRONG!!!

I just realized that to read mail you gotta be hooked up to the mail server... DUH!!

POOOOOP !!!! I'm going to bed!!!

(Friday night - early Sat. Morning 4:11 A.M.)

Porq sneaks out of bed and fired up the machine. Uhhh.... if the Boss wakes up and the machine is not working... Porq's voice will be multi-decimals higher from the removal of his testicles!!!

That don't sound good.. and squeaky voices piss me off..

BETTER GET THE MACHINE WORKING!!!

I call up the Optonline line guys for some technical help and

PRAISE THE LORD..

I got hooked up again..

Okay okay I got internet service... I got e-mail.... I got SQUAT!!!

All the new settings from the recent XP install job killed all my pop-up blockers and every 23 seconds a new pop-up would show up!!! THAT SUCKS!!!

Saturday morning... luckily the Boss doesn't want to go gaming so I'm safe for awhile.

Quick... run to Johnny G's and hide!!! I mean "GO TO THE BANK" and do some business!!

When I get home the Boss is running a few games from CD's and didn't go online!!

That just proves that God takes care of Idiots and Drunks!! ( double coverage!!)

Sunday.. basically the same except the Boss is pissed because of all the pop-ups.

DAMN I got to figure something out... HMMMMMM??????

Wait a minute... Dan said IE sucks.. he's right so I install the firefox stuffs and I'm running pretty smooth right now..

A big thanks to MAN-KAI's Brotherman.

Someday I'll know what the hell I'm doing and then I'm gonna be scared.. 'cause running with scissors, playing with matches, and closing your eyes while driving is .. well my sort of everyday life!!!

OINK




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?